Puppy Visits & Training
(to include house-training and basic manners)
We love puppies! Divine Dog Care specializes in helping new parents welcome their puppy home. We will customize strategies to help you through the puppy stage. Our services include feeding, crate-training, potty breaks, basic obedience and leash walking. All visits are private. Once vaccination is complete, your puppy can join a small group walk.
Using a positive approach, topics will cover feeding schedule, training with a crate, and general housetraining. One or two visits are available to include mid-day meal, short walk and playtime. Puppies which have completed their initial vaccination can be integrated into a small group walk.
These are some of the items which will be covered.
Puppy Crate Training Tips:
- Selecting the correct size of crate you dog will fit into as an adult. Like any tool, a crate can be misused.
- Fostering a positive association with the crate.
- At what age can a dog be trusted to be left loose in the house?
- Barking and crate training.
- Puppies and destructive behaviour.
Puppy House Training:
Some breeds are better than others with housetraining.
- Puppies are at a tender stage. Use positive reinforcement methods, with lots of praise and affection.
- A puppy has one hour of bowel/bladder control for every month of her life.
- Anticipate when your puppy is most likely to urinate or defecate.
- Key times are after eating, drinking, playing or sleeping.
- A tired puppy is a good puppy!